The Yellow River is a tributary of the Mississippi River, was named the Rivierie Juane by the French fur traders, is known to American Indians. The state has developed Yellow River State Forest over time. Effigy Mounds National Monument has grown by direct purchase from gifts. Land purchases scattered consolidated tracts, today. The sawmill was located on the first riffle of the Yellow River. Trail systems were extended to accommodate horses, hikers. The Yellow River Forest is marked by rugged terrain with numerous rock outcrops, is managed in accordance with the IDNR Forest Ecosystem Management Guide. Weather has an effect on the activities, affects soil conditions in turn. The forest has many, good opportunities for bird watchers. Archeologists believe the first, permanent residents along the banks. Populations increased a wide variety of food sources. The Oneota Culture became the dominant force in the Upper Mississippi River Valley. The interior was uncharted wilderness for the most part. The boundary line started at the mouth of the Upper Iowa River. The family was massacred leading an Indian agent from Prairie du Chien. The Fort Crawford was suffering from many floods with the palisade. The sawmill location is found today in the Heritage Addition. Us Government decided to move the Winnebago tribe from all territories by 1833. The mission school was built under the direction of Indian agent. The site was located north of the Yellow River, overlooked a rich prairie. State legislature set up the county of Allamakee in 1849. Wolves were found in the Yellow River Valley into the 20th century. The study documenting of the natural, cultural history of the Yellow River Valley. Jesse Dandley built another sawmill in 1840, a mile. Mills were in the successful, were built along the Yellow river. The valley contains of the best wildlife habitat in Iowa.
Tributary of the Mississippi River, Home, Many species