Marble House is a Gilded Age mansion at 596 Bellevue Avenue, was designated a National Historic Landmark in 2006. The house was designed by the architect Richard Morris Hunt. The mansion was added to the National Register of Historic Places. The grounds were designed by landscape architect Ernest W. The Dining Room features pink Numidia n marble, gilt bronze capitals. The Vanderbilts brought in Italian stonecutters from Europe, divorced in 1895 Alva. Alva Vanderbilt earned the Vanderbilts in 1883, a spot. Astor acquiesced called on the Vanderbilts in return, allowed the monied Vanderbilts into the upper echelon. The marriage was was annulled in the unhappy one 1920s. NEWPORT MANSIONS is registered a trademark of the Preservation Society.
Gilded Age mansion at 596 Bellevue Avenue