The gardens were removed a new kitchen garden, the Great Meadow Pond. The house was called Byfield House, linked circular, enclosed two gardens, plantations, was occupied by the park bailiff. Cumberland Lodge today today Cumberland Lodge is an educational charity. Porch is a tall, canted bay window through 2 floors. Cumberland Lodge called Byfields house was a mansion. Rangership was given to King William IIIs great friend in 1697. Building works costing using 2,500 workmen from the works department. Sarah supervised everything, had fallen out with the Queen. Visitors were taken with the Much Dukes improvements at the Great Lodge. The rooms were decorated the pilasters, rich, pedimented doorways.