The Calne is a town, civil parish, has no railway, bus station, had other, small schools and is on a small River. The hospital was provided on a modest endowment, was converted for a junior department. The canal passed through open country near Stanley. The factory started in the second half of the 18th century. The Lansdowne Park housing development has increased the physical scale of the town. Plans to build a cement production plant on the Porte Marsh site in 2006. The town entered the South West in Bloom area in 2014, has witnessed transient enterprises, has Primary five schools, independent, preparatory one school and was served by Brunel FM. The town was in the Devizes constituency with former Conservative Party Chairman. The school was called the Bentley Grammar School, used both sites, failed c and was closed c. The school had c, was attended by 16 girls, was held in a farmhouse. Grammar school merged with Fynemore School in Silver Street, was merged with the Fynemore school. The buildings erected before c, stood in an unbroken line along the west side, were replaced in the 19th century. The education institution is the Wiltshire College site in Chippenham. The building erected c, was expanded in the 14th, 15th centuries. Nonconformist Calne has a long history of Nonconformism. The chapel was a private house, was built in road c, was built in road in 1717 John Melhuish and was built near the Back of Castle House. The chapel was destroyed by a high wind in a new 1704 chapel. The congregation is affiliated to the Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches, bought the former Wesleyan chapel in road, declined in number in the late, 18th century and was formed in a 1810 chapel of ironstone. Population reached 17,274 living in 7,113 homes in 2011. Television news coverage is through BBC Points West. The actor David Hemmings lived in the Old Mill in Calne. Blackland Lakes are a large camping site on the southern edge. The club provides the local community, the opportunity. Calne Divers was formed by a group of local divers. The group is funded by the National Lottery, survive in the two, seceded from the Castle Street Baptist congregation. Calne divers found lost the hamlet of Mannings Hill in 2007. Castle House said by John Aubrey in the later, 17th century. The division seems to have determined the topography of the town. Castle Street was built in the earlier, 18th century. The street leading from the north corner of the market place. The house had a large garden beside the street south, was bought by Calne borough council, was licensed for meetings of Presbyterians. The coach house stables standing in the earlier, 19th century. Houses standing in Castle Street c, standing on the north side, stood on the west side. The Green were erected as one building in the 16th century. Priestley House was built in the 17th, 18th century. Century buildings were erected along all four edges of the plot. Entrance hall was made at the west end of the original, south range. Wiltshire county council built a new school in Silver Street in 1930. The National school was the school with 170 pupils. Classrooms were built in Bryans Close Road in the whole 1964 school. The children living attended the school at Buck Hill before 1843, were transferred to Holy Trinity, Heddington schools, living in the liberty. The abbey grew in size throughout the twelfth, thirteenth centuries. Stonework included Decorated glazed tiles, pillars. Baptistry was built in the chapel in Castle Street. Services were held each Sunday until c, were held in the chapel, were held in the former Unitarian chapel in road. Plymouth Brethren met in Calne from c, met in Wood Street in the late, 19th century. The Oxford Hall was built in Oxford Road in the early 1930s.
Town, Civil parish, Small River, North Wiltshire